Marshall Goldsmith is recognized as the World’s Number 1 Leadership Thinker by INC Magazine, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and Fast Company as well as many other business publications. Marshall is a business coach and educator who has helped over 150 CEOs and management teams take their organizations to the next level by embracing changes in the workplace. As a New York Times bestselling author, he has published countless business-related books, including What Got You Here Won’t Get You There, Triggers, and MOJO: How to Get It, How to Keep It, How to Get It Back If You Lose It.
Marshall joins me again today to discuss his stakeholder-centered approach to coaching and how it creates a constellation of accountability. He shares his coaching philosophy and why he believes it’s harder to change people’s perception than it is to change your own behavior. He explains why he decided to offer performance-based coaching rates and the benefits he’s received with this pricing model. He also shares his book writing process, why he recommends working with a co-author, and how to determine which field you want to become recognized as a world-class expert.
“In leadership, it doesn’t matter what we think we said. In leadership, all that matters is ‘what did they hear?’ Their perception is their reality .” – Marshall Goldsmith
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- The stakeholder-centered coaching approach and how it creates a constellation of accountability
- Why Marshall believes it’s harder to change other people’s perception than it is to change your behavior
- The book writing process Marshall and his publisher uses and why he recommends working with a co-writer
- The Daily Question process and the top 6 questions Marshall recommends adding to your daily questions list
- Marshall’s perspective on branding, marketing, and promotion
- How to decide what field you want to be recognized as a world-renowned expert in
**The School for Good Living may receive commissions for purchases made through Amazon links in this post.
- Design the Life You Love by Ayse Birsel
- Old Path White Clouds: Walking in the Footsteps of the Buddah by Thich Nhat Hanh
- How Women Rise: Break the 12 Habits Holding You Back from Your Next Raise, Promotion, or Job by Sally Helgesen & Marshall Goldsmith
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
Connect with Marshall Goldsmith:
- Marshall Goldsmith website
- 100 Coaches Consulting
- Articles by Marshall Goldsmith
- Videos by Marshall Goldsmith
- Books by Marshall Goldsmith
- Email: email@example.com
- Article: Feed Forward Leadership Excellence
- The Earned Life book (coming soon – Summer 2020)
This episode is sponsored by Nexus IT Consultants
Nexus IT Consultants offers world-class IT support and solutions to help companies of all sizes manage their information technology. Through hyper-responsive, white-glove IT support and services, Nexus IT can handle basic tasks like IT monitoring and maintenance to the more complex projects like digital transformation.
To learn more about the services offered at Nexus IT and to schedule your free comprehensive consultation, visit NexusITC.net
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the School for Good Living Podcast, with your host, Bryan Miller. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe and leave us a rating and review.
Don’t forget to visit our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And be sure to share your favorite episodes with your friends and colleagues on social media to inspire others to improve their lives and reach their full potential.