Sydney Campos is a speaker, business strategy advisor, certified holistic health coach, and the author of The Empath Experience: What to Do When You Feel Everything. As the founder and CEO of Odyssey, a global strategic council, Sydney works to help visionary leaders truly embody their purpose. Sydney embraces and integrates spiritual insights in her work, and also serves as a registered yoga teacher and Reiki energy healer. Sydney hosts the Visionary Souls podcast and has been featured in Forbes, Refinery29, Bustle, MindBodyGreen, PureWow, and New York Magazine.
Sydney joins me today to discuss the concept of empathy, what it means to be an empath, and what you may experience if you are unaware that you are an empath. She discusses her journey with drug and alcohol abuse, the underlying factors that contributed to her decade-long battle, and insights for those who might be going through similar issues. Sydney also highlights why you shouldn’t try to rescue people who exhibit destructive behavior and how prioritizing your energy can help others stand in their power as well.
“Presence is our power.” – Sydney Campos
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- What an empath is, why it is essential to identify your empathic tendencies, and whether Sydney believes all humans have the capacity for empathy
- The distinction between being empathetic and being an empath
- Why Sydney felt isolated growing up and how her life and self-perception has transformed since discovering that she is an empath
- The role that drinking played in Sydney’s life and why she stopped drinking
- The “double life” Sydney lived while struggling to recover from drug and alcohol abuse and some scary wake-up calls she experienced
- The importance of truth-telling and liberating yourself from the shadows of shame and secrecy
- Sydney’s advice for those who are going through similar struggles and the deeper, universal feelings that drugs and alcohol can be symptomatic of
- The power of presence, asking for help, and being seen by others
- The best thing you can do to show up for a loved one who is struggling
- The difference between unconditional love and dependent love and service versus servitude
**The School for Good Living may receive commissions for purchases made through Amazon links in this post.
- The Empath Experience: What to Do When You Feel Everything by Sydney Campos
- The Consciousness Code: 8 Steps to Awakening Your Higher Self by Sydney Campos
Connect with Sydney Campos:
- Sydney Campos
- Sydney Campos on Instagram
- Sydney Campos on Twitter
- Sydney Campos on YouTube
- Visionary Souls
- Mastering Magnetism: Sex, Money & Power
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the School for Good Living Podcast, with your host, Bryan Miller. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe and leave us a rating and review.
Don’t forget to visit our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And be sure to share your favorite episodes with your friends and colleagues on social media to inspire others to improve their lives and reach their full potential.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download