Jenny Santi is an established professional in the field of philanthropy and the author of The Giving Way to Happiness: Stories and Science Behind the Life-Changing Power of Giving. She is the founder of philanthropic advisory firm Saint & Partners and formerly served as the head of Philanthropy Services for UBS in Southeast Asia. Jenny is a painter who believes in art’s ability to heal and has studied at the Art Students League of New York and the Florence Academy of Art.
Jenny joins me today to discuss the power of giving and the impact that giving can have on the giver. She shares the importance of giving in ways that resonate with our genuine interests and passions and how it can allow us to experience more purpose, joy, and fulfillment. Jenny also highlights her work in the philanthropic sector and the insights she gained through the process of interviewing people for her book.
“We all have the same amount of time. It is up to us to decide how much or how little of that time we devote in service.” – Jenny Santi
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- Who Jenny wrote The Giving Way to Happiness for and why
- A question you should ask people instead of “what do you do?”
- Jenny’s upbringing in the Philippines and what her “lucky break” was
- How giving and happiness are related and why it is something we can all engage in regardless of how much we have
- Why we can feel exhausted and burnt out from giving
- Questions to ask yourself to become more intentional with your giving
- Jenny’s experience with interviewing Muhammad Yunus for her book and insights she gained in the process
- Selflessness, selfishness, and the mentality people tend to hold surrounding scarcity and giving
- Five things that you get from giving and the interplay between giving and healing
- The definition of philanthropy and what it is truly about
**The School for Good Living may receive commissions for purchases made through Amazon links in this post.
- The Giving Way to Happiness: Stories and Science Behind the Life-Changing Power of Giving by Jenny Santi
Connect with Jenny Santi:
- Jenny Santi
- Jenny Santi on LinkedIn
- Jenny Santi on Twitter
- Jenny Santi on Instagram
- The Giving Way to Happiness by Jenny Santi on Facebook
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the School for Good Living Podcast, with your host, Bryan Miller. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe and leave us a rating and review.
Don’t forget to visit our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And be sure to share your favorite episodes with your friends and colleagues on social media to inspire others to improve their lives and reach their full potential.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download