Established in the field of philanthropy and passionate about the topic of giving, Jenny Santi is the author of The Giving Way to Happiness: Stories and Science Behind the Life-Changing Power of Giving and the founder of philanthropic advisory firm, Saint & Partners. Before this role, Jenny served as the head of Philanthropy Services for UBS in Southeast Asia. In addition to her work in the philanthropic sector, Jenny is a painter who believes in art’s ability to heal and has studied at the Art Students League of New York and the Florence Academy of Art.
Jenny joins me today to discuss how to find greater fulfillment in giving and the power of self-reflection and gratitude. She describes her struggles with mental health and her journey to allowing her truth to co-exist with her brand as an author. Jenny also highlights the importance of understanding why you are giving and how saying no can open us up to say yes to the things that truly matter.
“Don’t give until it hurts but give until it feels great.” – Jenny Santi
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- Insight into Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, and what the highest level of human need is
- Jenny’s struggles with clinical depression and what went into her decision to include her experience in her book
- The importance of self-care and the role of nature in Jenny’s healing
- What Jenny learned by participating in a ten-day silent retreat
- Why most people give and how to give in a way that feels more rewarding
- Jenny’s thoughts on Deepak Chopra writing the forward to her book and Deepak’s definition of selfless
- The concept of family philanthropy and the right and wrong way to go about it
- How to more effectively use philanthropy to instill values in our children
- Jenny’s feelings about the writing process and her perspectives on how to approach book promotion
- Why it is essential to find strength in others as you engage in philanthropic efforts
**The School for Good Living may receive commissions for purchases made through Amazon links in this post.
- The Giving Way to Happiness: Stories and Science Behind the Life-Changing Power of Giving by Jenny Santi
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Connect with Jenny Santi:
- Jenny Santi
- Jenny Santi on LinkedIn
- Jenny Santi on Twitter
- Jenny Santi on Instagram
- The Giving Way to Happiness by Jenny Santi on Facebook
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the School for Good Living Podcast, with your host, Bryan Miller. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe and leave us a rating and review.
Don’t forget to visit our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And be sure to share your favorite episodes with your friends and colleagues on social media to inspire others to improve their lives and reach their full potential.