Isaac Bentwich is a practitioner and teacher of yoga and meditation, and the author of Gita: A Timeless Guide For Our Time, a poetic translation of the Bhagavad Gita. A medical doctor by training and entrepreneur by profession, Isaac has founded several tech companies, including Quris Technologies, Ripples Technologies, and CropX LTD, each leading disruptive revolutions in the fields of medicine, genomics, and environmental conservation. At the core of Isaac’s life work is his inner spiritual journey – touched by the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita’s wisdom and his mission to share it with people.
Isaac joins me today to share his journey in writing Gita: A Timeless Guide For Our Time. He explains what the Bhagavad Gita is and illustrates how it’s a guide to help us define the meaning of life. He discusses the poetic nature of the Bhagavad Gita and shares some verses that impacted him. He also shares his thoughts on the creative process of writing a book as well as the joys he finds in meditation retreats.
“The Bhagavad Gita beckons you to listen to the inner wisdom of your soul.” – Isaac Bentwich
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- What’s life about for Isaac and how his spiritual journey underpins his profession
- Isaac’s first encounter with the Bhagavad Gita and what compelled him to write a translation
- How Isaac has made his translation of the Bhagavad Gita accessible while preserving its poetic and meditative nature
- What the Bhagavad Gita is, its history, its teachings, and how it defines the meaning of life
- Isaac’s journey through yoga and the interconnection between his practice as a medical doctor and the Bhagavad Gita
- The use of battle as a setting in the Bhagavad Gita and an excerpt that completely drew Isaac in
- The people the Bhagavad Gita has impacted and how it inspired them
- Why the Bhagavad Gita is a handbook on mindfulness and a guide on everyday living
- How mastering the mind can help us create and write a book
- Isaac’s experiences with months-long meditative retreats
- Gita: A Timeless Guide For Our Time by Isaac Bentwich
- Bhagavad-Gita: The Song of God by Christopher Isherwood
- Passage Meditation – A Complete Spiritual Practice by Eknath Easwaran
Connect with Isaac Bentwich:
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the School for Good Living Podcast, with your host, Bryan Miller. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe and leave us a rating and review.
Don’t forget to visit our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And be sure to share your favorite episodes with your friends and colleagues on social media to inspire others to improve their lives and reach their full potential.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download