Nicholas Webb is the author of What Customers Crave: How to Create Relevant and Memorable Experiences at Every Touchpoint and The Innovation Mandate: The Growth Secrets of the Best Organizations in the World. Nick, widely regarded as an innovation evangelist, is a speaker and entrepreneur who founded LeaderLogic Management Consultants, an organization dedicated to driving strategic excellence, innovation, and customer experience design. He was honored with a Doctorate in Humane Letters by the Western University of Health and Sciences, where he also serves as an adjunct professor and Chief Innovation Officer.
Nicholas joins me today to discuss how to foster innovation in companies. He reveals the three key trends that drive disruption as well as the critical risks to companies. He explores the idea of improving and evolving yourself every day, serving a mission that matters, and the importance of living life consciously. He also explains why legacy is an insidious problem in an organization, why spoken communication is the future, and how a post-COVID-19 economy will require individuals and organizations to be innovators.
“Consumers want an Apple-like experience: they want it friction-free, customized, and relevant.” – Nicholas Webb
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- What Nicholas believes are the three things that create an amazing life
- Finding joy and fulfillment in the service of a mission
- Nicholas’s journey from growing up in poverty with an educational handicap to adjunct professor and innovator
- What meaningful consequences are and why pain may be the universe’s way of taking us to our purpose
- Nicholas’s three principles for finding your innate form of genius
- The meaning of developmental stasis and the role of conscientiousness in improvement and change
- The three trends that drive disruption and what it means to innovate
- The five touchpoints of an organization and the necessity to architect them
- The power of future casting and its impact on the future of organizations
- What asynchronous communication is and why spoken language is the future
- How to develop effective communication and the characteristics that make a compelling communicator
- Nicholas’s process and approach to writing and the stage-gate analysis for books
- What Customers Crave: How to Create Relevant and Memorable Experiences at Every Touchpoint by Nicholas Webb
- Surviving the Healthcare Meltdown by Nicholas Webb
- The Innovation Mandate: The Growth Secrets of the Best Organizations in the World by Nicholas Webb
- God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World by Paul Zane Pilzer
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
- The Science of Getting Rich: How to Make Money and Get the Life You Want by Wallace Wattles
Connect with Nicholas Webb:
- Nicholas Webb
- Nicholas Webb on Facebook
- Nicholas Webb on Twitter
- Nicholas Webb on Vimeo
- Nicholas Webb on LinkedIn
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the School for Good Living Podcast, with your host, Brilliant Miller. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe and leave us a rating and review.
Don’t forget to visit our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And be sure to share your favorite episodes with your friends and colleagues on social media to inspire others to improve their lives and reach their full potential.