Mark Gober is an international speaker and author of An End to Upside Down Living: Reorienting Our Consciousness to Live Better and Save the Human Species. Mark is the host of the Where is My Mind?Podcast, where he interviews leading researchers on consciousness, such as the physicist and Nobel laureate Brian Josephson. Through his work, Mark explores areas that are not currently accepted by the scientific community, including psychic phenomena, near-death experiences, and, ultimately, elevating humanity’s consciousness.
Mark joins me today to share the concept of how matter and the biology of the universe arises from consciousness and explain why understanding this idea matters. He defines what the materialism or physicalism philosophy is and its implications on how we live our lives. He differentiates non-attachment from detachment and discusses how we can be more aligned with the stream of consciousness. He also explains how leaders, educators, and mentors can help elevate the world’s consciousness and why it’s essential to bring authenticity to our creative endeavors.
“By elevating ourselves as individuals and cleaning our impurities we begin to radiate a positivity that has an impact on others just by being.” – Mark Gober
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- The need to reframe reality and to live a life in service
- Why consciousness is fundamental to our everyday experiences
- What materialism and physicalism mean and their implications on how we live life
- Why people think consciousness comes from the brain
- Transforming our worldview from materialism to interconnectivity
- How leaders can help elevate humanity’s consciousness
- What synchronicity is and what we can do to experience it more in our lives
- Living a self-determined life and Einstein’s question on free will
- The notion of intellectual and radical humility and why we need to practice it
- Non-attachment versus detachment and why the distinction matters
- Different approaches to the “right-side-up living”
- Surrendering and being a vessel for the broader Stream of Consciousness
- Bringing compassion and discernment into our relationships
- What stewardship means and how we can think of money in a metaphysical sense
- The impact of authenticity on the creative process
- An End to Upside Down Living: Reorienting Our Consciousness to Live Better and Save the Human Species by Mark Gober
- Where is My Mind? With Mark Gober
- The Sacred Promise: How Science Is Discovering Spirit’s Collaboration with Us in Our Daily Lives by Gary Schwartz
- I am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj by Nisargadatta Maharaj, translated by Maurice Frydman
Connect with Mark Gober:
- Mark Gober Website
- Where is My Mind? Podcast
- Mark Gober on Facebook
- Mark Gober on Twitter
- Mark Gober on Instagram
- Mark Gober on YouTube
- Mark Gober on LinkedIn
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the School for Good Living Podcast, with your host, Brilliant Miller. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe and leave us a rating and review. Don’t forget to visit our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And be sure to share your favorite episodes with your friends and colleagues on social media to inspire others to improve their lives and reach their full potential.