Edward Creagan is a two-time author, and the Mayo Clinic’s first provider to be board certified in hospice and palliative medicine. He has written over 500 scientific papers and has spoken at more than 1000 presentations around the world. Doctor Ed began his interest and journey toward hospice care at the early age of eight years old. He has since grown in his passion for end-of-life care and is determined to help caregivers do their job without burning out.
Doctor Ed joins me today to discuss the importance of making other’s days better, how to properly care for others, and how to do so healthily. We also talk about the dying process, and the best way to help others through it. We talk about the role of the caregiver, and the immense toll it can have on a person who does it full time. Lastly, we discuss the importance of thorough end-of-life financial planning.
“If you don’t take care of yourself, there’s no backup. There’s nobody left to take care of your spouse, your neighbor, your friend or your partner.”
This week on the School For Good Living Podcast:
- The importance of helping others
- The importance of proper financial planning
- Exploration of the dying process
- Honoring the dying person’s preferences
- Why dying individuals have a tendency to hang on
- The strain of being a full-time caregiver
- How to prolong your life
- How Not To Be My Patient: A Physician’s Secrets for Staying Healthy and Surviving Any Diagnosis
- Farewell: Vital End-of-Life Questions with Candid Answers from a Leading Palliative and Hospice Physician
Connect with Dr. Ed:
Subscribe and sign up for more!
Thank you for listening to this week’s episode of the School For Good Living Podcast, I hope you found it as insightful as I did! If you enjoyed this episode, then be sure to head over to goodliving.com and sign up for our email list to receive special reminders and exclusive content sent right to your inbox. Explore our website to learn more about the many services I offer, like my Transformation Coaching Program, Coach Training Program, and my catalog of quotations to help you live a good life!