I’ve traveled many places around this globe and talked to many people, some of whom have very interesting views. Today’s guest is one of those people. Rachel Harris has written a book called “Listening to Ayahuasca: New Hope for Depression, Addiction and Anxiety”. Over her thirty-five years of experience as a psychologist and 10 years of scientific research, she’s received multiple awards from the National Institutes of Health and published more than 40 scientific studies in peer reviewed journals.
Rachel joins Brilliant to talk about her book and about ayahuasca, the benefits that it might have for humanity and what the potential risks are. As a disclaimer for this interview, this substance is currently illegal in the United States. While this subject may not appeal to everyone, there is a lot to be learned from Rachel and her perspective on how this substance has helped her and others on their quest to good living.
“You know, this is outside the Western world view and it’s very threatening.”
This week on the School For Good Living Podcast:
- What Ayahuasca is, where it comes from, and how for some people it is a Key to Good Living
- Rachel’s background in Psychology and Research
- Rachel’s expansion from psychological work to both psychological and spiritual work
- The potential benefits of Ayahuasca
- Why Ayahuasca is currently illegal in the United States, what the potential associated risks of using it are, and whether it has addictive qualities
- Rachel’s journey to becoming a writer and publishing her book
- Listening to Ayahuaska: New Hope for Depression, Addiction, PTSD, and Anxiety
Connect With The Guest:
Subscribe and sign up for more!
Thank you for listening to this week’s episode of the School For Good Living Podcast, I hope you found it as insightful as I did! If you enjoyed this episode, then be sure to head over to goodliving.com and sign up for our email list to receive special reminders and exclusive content sent right to your inbox. Explore our website to learn more about the many services I offer, like my Transformation Coaching Program, Coach Training Program, and my catalog of quotations to help you live a good life!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download