My guest today is Gary Ferguson. Gary has written 27 books on Science and Nature, including a book called “The Eight Master Lessons of Nature: What Nature Teaches us About Living Well in the World.” Gary’s most recent book is called “Full Ecology: Repairing Our Relationship with the Natural World.” Garry has created an organization called Full Ecology with a cultural psychologist named Mary Clare, who is not only has co-founder and partner, but also his wife. Gary describes full ecology as an idea and an organization dedicated to breaking down the walls between the human psyche and the natural world. Together, he and Mary Clare offer workshops, retreats, keynotes and continuing professional development to help individuals, families and or organizations traverse life’s changes with integrity and vision.
In this interview, we discuss how to renew your relationship with nature and how to deepen it. We also talk about things like the many, many hundreds and thousands of miles that Gary has spent in Yellowstone National Park. We discuss what he has learned in that including beauty, community, relationships, grief, and mystery.
“It is no wonder that we are starving to rediscover a connection with the natural world.”
This week on the School for Good Living Podcast:
- What is the objective case and what does it teach us about the world?
- What Gary has learned in his thousands of miles walked in Yellowstone National Park.
- What Gary has learned about grief and how it helps him to empathize with others.
- How things in nature, including humans, react to the forces of trauma.
- How we can make space for grief in our lives and what that can do for us.
- What is full ecology and what does it teach us about what’s inside us and between one another.
Connect With The Guest:
Subscribe and sign up for more!
Thank you for listening to this week’s episode of the School For Good Living Podcast, I hope you found it as insightful as I did! If you enjoyed this episode, then be sure to head over to goodliving.com and sign up for our email list to receive special reminders and exclusive content sent right to your inbox. Explore our website to learn more about the many services I offer, like my Transformation Coaching Program, Coach Training Program, and my catalog of quotations to help you live a good life!